Kanjini Co-Op intends to acquire land on the Atherton Tablelands with the following characteristics:
- large size (min 200-300 acres) mix of gradients and flat
- permanent running water for water supply and recreation
- gravity fed water preferred - ideally no other landholders up stream
- an existing large lake (=>3 acres) or the possibility to build one
- at least 20 acres of prime agricultural soil
- ideally bordering on state forest or national park
- preferably to have no history of heavy poison use or previous mining
- existing orchards preferred
Our aim in managing the land will be to maintain or increase its biodiversity in harmony with the natural landscape and habitat.
We consider ourselves to be guardians rather than owners of the land and intend to leave it to future generations in a better state.
HOME VISION Co-Op FAQ's Relating Contact Us
LAND BUILDINGS INFRASTRUCTURE AGRICULTURE ECONOMICS TECHNOLOGY HUMAN INTERACTION COOPERATIVE